Monday, July 6, 2009

A few words about traveling...

First off, you can never anticipate how LONG a 13 hour flight is. I've worked 12 hour shifts before, but this was much different.
It didn't help that the plane was set to a schedule based on the time in Los Angeles, where we departed. The flight left at around 6pm, we were served dinner about an hour later, then a few hours after that all the lights in the cabin were turned off, and we were expected to go to sleep. Nevermind that the sun was still up outside.
So I tried to sleep in my tiny airplane chair, but it just wasn't going to happen. I watched a few movies (They had screens on each headrest). I Love You, Man was funny, Duplicity was ok, and I think I dozed off halfway through Push.
The lights came back on after about 8 hours, and then we were served breakfast. The flight landed 11pm local time, 10am Texas time, and about 23 hours after I'd left Dallas.

I couldn't bring my camera to my seat, so I had to take pictures with my phone..

This is what I looked at for 13 hours..

This is Taipei as we landed..
More posts coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're posting already - keep em rolling in!

    LOVE your title photo!

    ReplyDelete