Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Keelung River



My new apartment is just a block away from the Keelung River, one of the two rivers that snake through Taipei. There is a nice river park on both banks, with walking and bike paths, and foot bridges that cross the river.


This is a view of my neighborhood from the footbridge. The night market is two blocks in.


A view of the Keelung River, facing East.


These two girls would walk a few steps, then stop and take pictures of each other with the phones. Then they would walk a few more steps and repeat the process. They seemed a little surprised that I tried to get a shot of them.


This couple was in the same spot the entire time I was at the park.


Taipei is hosting the 2009 "Deaflympics" in September. There are posters all over town for it.


Everywhere there is construction, which is pretty much everywhere, you'll find these goofy signs.


I snapped a picture of this kid as he zipped past me. The bike paths werent very crowded on a cloudy weekday, but on the weekends they're packed.


Several street bridges also cross the river, connecting the northeast end of the city.


There is a basketball court on the far side of the river, some kids were playing ball that afternoon.


A view of my neighborhood from the riverbank. I live behind the reddish building in the center.


I also shot some video yesterday. I'm working on getting a work-flow together for editing video on my laptop, I hope to have something online soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment